Swiss AviationSoftware is a 100% subsidiary of Swiss International Air Lines and successfully develops and distributes the software package AMOS which manages the maintenance, engineering and logistics requirements of modern airlines. In order to strengthen our leading market position we are looking for dedicated employees who would like to work in a fascinating international environment with more than 160 customers from all over the world.
We are looking for a skilled and motivated IT specialist for our US office to support our customers throughout the data migration activities of their AMOS implementation projects .
The main focus of the this position is:
- Guide and support new customers within the data migration work-stream.
- Provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for the setup of interfaces
- Support customer troubleshooting and problem solving during data verification and interface testing.
- maintain and to create required documentation related to data migration.
Your tasks will include:
- Consulting customers on how to migrate legacy data using ETL software
- Mapping data between AMOS and the legacy system
- Development and coding extraction scripts (e.g in SQL and Java)
- Evaluation, configuration and specification of interfaces
- Develop data migration sub-project plans with Swiss-AS Project Manager.
- Leading small data migration projects end to end
- Ensure that tools and documentation (e.g. Data Migration Guidelines) are relevant and up-to-date.
As a real team player you are highly motivated and committed. You have also good communication skills and are able to interact with people from various technical backgrounds and cultures.
Knowledge about the aviation industry and processes in aircraft maintenance is an advantage.
- Successfully completed a degree/diploma in software engineering or computer science or in aviation or air transport engineering with a strong IT background.
- Strong foundation in SQL as well as several scripting- and programming languages
- Database knowledge (e.g.: Oracle, Sybase, PostgreSQL...)
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in project environments. Project management experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational-, communication- and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer orientation, ability to make decisions and ensure quality
- Fluency in English.
- The position requires a significant amount of travel (at least 50%). The applicant should be prepared to ad-hoc traveling and also for customer site visits over a longer period.
- A valid work permit for the US is a prerequisite (Relocation to our Business Unit located in Miami, FL, USA. )
- Entry date: as soon as possible
What we offer
- Working in an open and cooperative environment with a motivated and friendly team
- Excellent working conditions in pleasant surroundings
- Good professional and personal development opportunities
- Active participation in the continuous improvement of processes
- International work environment with people from around the globe
- Flight and travel discount
Team Leader IT Consulting