Swiss AviationSoftware is a 100% subsidiary of Swiss International Air Lines and successfully develops and distributes the software package AMOS, which manages the maintenance, engineering and logistics requirements of modern airlines. In order to strengthen our leading market position we are looking for dedicated employees who would like to work in a fascinating international environment with more than 160 customers from all over the world.
We are looking for a Software Test Automation Engineer to join our QA department, You work in a matrix organization within a development team focusing on creating administration modules for AMOS (release upgrade routines, backend database integration, and performance monitoring tools).
You are responsible for the definition of the test cases, development of the related test automation framework components, monitoring and tracking of test results. The focus is clearly on automated testing, rather than manual testing.
Preparation, co-ordination and management of all test activities for either delivery of major releases or minor fixes are as well part of your main duties.
- Definition of test strategies and test plans suitable for your AMOS product module
- Design and code test automation framework components needed to execute automated testing on your AMOS product module
- Design, implement and execute manual and automated tests.
- Carry out functional and user acceptance testing to ensure that high quality standards are achieved at all times for all software releases
- Coordinate and execute test activities within the assigned development team, as well as in coordination with other development teams
- Design, develop, execute and document testing on all testing levels
- Track and manage defects
- Establish and improve test methods, tools and processes continuously
- Establish and improve test automation methods and tools continuously
- Support product development at all levels regarding product quality
- Establish a close partnership between QA and the development team to facilitate mutual support.
- Degree in Computer Science with focus Software Engineering
- 3+ years experience in software development (object-oriented and/or web-based)
- 3+ years experience in SQL databases as SAP ASE, Oracle or PostgreSQL
- Ability to perform basic administrative tasks on Unix/Linux systems
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly proactive and independent, with good interpersonal skills
- Experience on several software stacks (UI, server side, database integration, database, operating system)
- Specific coding experience with Java Swing, Python, Spring framework, Vaadin
- Experience with QF-Test, JUnit, Agile methodologies
- Any additional language, in particular German, is an asset
What we offer
- Working in an open and cooperative environment with a motivated and friendly team
- Excellent working conditions in pleasant surroundings
- Good professional and personal development opportunities
- Active participation in the continuous improvement of processes
- International work environment with people from around the globe
- Flight and travel discount
Team Leader Test Automation
Swiss AviationSoftware Ltd.