Swiss AviationSoftware is a 100% subsidiary of Swiss International Air Lines and successfully develops and distributes the software package AMOS which manages the maintenance, engineering and logistics requirements of modern airlines. In order to strengthen our leading market position we are looking for dedicated employees who would like to work in a fascinating international environment with more than 170 customers from all over the world.
We are looking for a skilled IT specialist to join our team in Singapore for supporting our customers in their data migration activities of AMOS implementation projects as well as operational support for the application and database.
The main focus of this position is
- guide and support new customers within the data migration work-stream
- provide configuration expertise for the setup of interfaces with other applications
- problem solving during data verification and troubleshooting in interface testing
- create and maintain required documentation related to data migration
- installation and administration of AMOS application
- database administration, performance tuning, backup and recovery
- perform daily system monitoring and provide technical support
Your tasks will include:
- Consulting customers on how to migrate legacy data using ETL software
- Mapping data between AMOS and the legacy system
- Development and coding extraction scripts (e.g in SQL and Java)
- Develop data migration sub-project plans with Swiss-AS Project Manager.
- Install database and application on Linux / Windows servers
- Perform version upgrades for clients and provide 2nd/3rd level support
- Create system documentation
As a real team player, you are highly motivated and committed. You have also good communication skills and are able to interact with people from various technical backgrounds and cultures.
Knowledge about the aviation industry and processes in aircraft maintenance is an advantage
- Successfully completed a degree / diploma in software engineering or computer science OR in aviation or air transport engineering with a strong IT background.
- Strong foundation in SQL as well as other scripting and programming languages
- Preferred DBA experience in SQL databases as SAP ASE, Oracle or PostgreSQL
- Ability to perform administrative tasks on system operations as Linux or Windows
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in project environments.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer orientation, ability to make decisions and ensure quality
- The position requires a significant amount of travel (at least 50%). The applicant should be prepared to ad-hoc traveling and also for customer site visits over a longer period.
- Fluent in English
- Singaporean or Singapore PR Preferred
- Entry date: Q1 2019 to be agreed.
What we offer
- Working in an open and cooperative environment with a motivated and friendly team
- Excellent working conditions in pleasant surroundings
- Good professional and personal development opportunities
- Active participation in the continuous improvement of processes
- International work environment with people from around the globe
- Flight and travel discount
Head of AMOS Asia Pacific