Swiss AviationSoftware is a 100% subsidiary of Swiss International Air Lines and successfully develops and distributes the software package AMOS which manages the maintenance, engineering and logistics requirements of modern airlines. In order to strengthen our leading market position we are looking for dedicated employees who would like to work in a fascinating international environment with more than 170 customers from all over the world.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our QA department in collaboration with the Performance team.
You work in a matrix organization within a team focusing on AMOS performance (responsiveness, stability, scalability and reliability).
You are responsible for the definition of the test cases, development of the related test automation framework components, monitoring and tracking of test results.The focus is clearly on automated testing, rather than manual testing. Preparation, co-ordination and management of all test activities for either delivery of major releases or minor fixes are as well part of your main duties.
- Definition of test strategies and test plans suitable for AMOS performance
- Design and code test automation framework components needed to execute automated testing on AMOS performance
- Design, implement and execute manual and automated tests to ensure that high quality standards are achieved at all times for all software releases
- Coordinate and execute test activities within the Performance team, as well as in coordination with other development teams
- Track and manage defects
- Establish and improve test methods, tools and processes continuously
- Establish a close partnership between QA and the Performance team to facilitate mutual support.
- Degree in Computer Sciences / Software Engineering
- 3+ years experience in Software Development
- Understanding all levels of the system architecture (hardware, OS, network, databases)
- Ability to perform administrative tasks on Unix systems
- Strong SQL tuning know-how and database design
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly proactive and independent, with good interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Experience with QF-Test
- Any additional language, in particular German, is an asset
What we offer
- Working in an open and cooperative environment with a motivated and friendly team
- Excellent working conditions in pleasant surroundings
- Good professional and personal development opportunities
- Active participation in the continuous improvement of processes
- International work environment with people from around the globe
- Flight and travel discount
HR Recruiter / HR Consultant
Swiss AviationSoftware Ltd.
Phone.: +41 78 819 52 98