Even the best system can lose its competitiveness from one day to the next if it is not technologically state-of-the-art and does not pave the way for new technologies. Consequently, it has always been one of Swiss-AS primary goals to provide customers with a technologically cutting-edge software package while innovative technologies have continuously been implemented in the process of further enhancing the system.
For the user frontend, AMOS offers two choices:
AMOSdesktop: A native app, fully exploiting the features of the popular desktop operating systems (available for Windows, Linux and MacOS). The distribution of updates & patches is fully automated, resulting in zero deployment effort.
AMOSmobile: A HTML5 app optimised for touch input, running directly in the browser so being virtually compatible all current operating systems. Only available for dedicated areas for which mobile computing is the first choice (maintenance execution, store will follow)
Both options communicate with the same backend system, so they are seamless integrated and ensure real time data delivery through the whole app suite.
The application server backend is written in pure JAVA, which implies scalability & flexibility with regards to any choice of hardware and OS - VM and cloud installations installations are fully supported.
- Apart from the database backend (Sybase/Oracle/PostgreSQL), no external software components are needed to operate AMOS neither on the client nor on the application server. Everything is delivered out of the box.
- The AMOS architecture is completely based on open standards. No proprietary runtime or application server is needed.
- The communication is fully HTTP(S) conform, which implies full support of any kind of network components such as (reverse) proxies, stateful firewalls, etc. The complete communication can be encrypted via SLL/TLS and compressed for low bandwidth situations.
- The integrated secure keystore for passwords, certificates & (private) keys allows secure communication also with external systems.
- For user authentication, a wide range of badge-readers and biometric devices are supported. Additionally, the integration into existing identity management systems (such as Microsoft Active Directory) via LDAP and Kerberos is possible. For standalone password authentication, the latest hash algorithms, including PBKDF2 are available.
- E-signing solution which generates and archives signed PDF/A documents is fully integrated into the authentication and keystore backends.
- For flexible system integration, AMOS has an Adaptive Integration Manager.
- The integrated Report Designer allows compilation of reports & forms which can be released to the different user roles directly inside the common user interface.
- The integrated workflow engine allows customising the system behavior by the customers.
- By the rule engine, it is possible to define complex decision trees as easy as playing lego.
- Highly optimised user interface for easy navigation & compressive data visualisation.